2018 was a huge year for CONTACT, full of ups and downs – but mostly ups.
There was some amazing audience/data growth this year (I’m so glad I’m locked into an ‘unlimited data downloads’ plan with my service provider!)…
- 3.7million page views on our web site
- 46,000ish average unique visitors per month
- 1695 gigabytes of data dowloaded by visitors (mostly magazines, of course)
- 580 news stories published
- 140 YouTube videos uploaded
- 104 Blog posts published
- 29 newsletters emailed
- to more than 10,000 subscriber each time – i.e. more than 290,000 emails sent
- with open rates higher than 30%
- and click-through about 11%
- (which is well high, according to experts I’ve spoken to)
- 5 magazines published (March, June, September, December, Invictus Games), and,
- 1 grand plan to print CONTACT again – dead and buried!
The one big downer of the year, of course, was calling time on the grand CONTACT print plan. I really thought that would work. But, sadly, the audience just didn’t support it (except for the 69 out of 1000 needed who actually did support it – I am eternally grateful).
But, as they say, no point dwelling on the past. It is what it is, and we move on.
So, what will 2019 hold for CONTACT?
That’s actually a massive question, yet to be answered.
But, for now, I just want to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones health, happiness and prosperity in 2019 – and ask for your continuing support and best wishes as I navigate CONTACT’s future.
. . .