Minister for Defence Linda Reynolds and Minister for Defence Industry Melissa Price will attend an official gifting ceremony of a new Guardian-class patrol boat to Fiji tomorrow.
FILE PHOTO: The first Austal-built Guardian-class patrol boat on builder’s sea trials. Austal photo.
Chief of the Defence Force General Angus Campbell will accept the sixth Guardian-class patrol boat from shipbuilder Austal before formally gifting it to The Republic of Fiji Military Forces.
Fiji will be represented by Prime Minister Rear Admiral (retd) Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama, Minister for Defence, National Security and Foreign Affairs Inia Seruiratu, Commander Republic of Fiji Military Forces Rear Admiral Viliame Naupoto, Acting Chief of Navy Commander Marika Vosawale, and other Fijian-government officials and guests.
Ministers Reynolds and Price will conduct a media interview before the ceremony.
- Solomon Islands gifted Guardian-class patrol boat
- Samoa gifted Guardian-class patrol boat
- Tonga gifted Guardian-class patrol boat
- Tuvalu gifted Guardian-class patrol boat
- PNG commissions first Aussie-gifted patrol boat
- First Guardian-class patrol boat launched
. . .