CONTACT is seeking an Advertising Sales Manager to manage all aspects of advertising sales and advertising-client relations, in our multi-platform, Internet-based, niche-audience (military) publishing business.
Previous advertising sales experience would be beneficial, but not essential. We would prefer to work with (and guide if necessary), someone who understands CONTACT and the CONTACT audience.
A military veteran/CONTACT fan with the right attitude and personality would be preferred over an advertising-sales professional with no military experience or understanding/empathy for our audience.
We would like you to…
- have good written and oral communication skills
- be a polite yet persuasive representative of our business
- have a good telephone manner
- be confidant and outgoing
- have an ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- be organised and maintain good records
- communicate regularly with us
NOTE: This is a sub-contractor/service-provider opportunity – not an employee engagement.
CONTACT’s Advertising Sales Manager will manage all aspects of advertising sales for a multi-platform Defence-media publisher, including…
- actively seek new advertising clients and keep in touch with current clients
- explain the range of advertising options available on the various CONTACT platforms (magazine, newsletter, web site etc)
- listen to clients’ needs and recommend appropriate advertising options and packages
- explain advertising costs plus terms and conditions to advertisers
- guide clients through advertising art formats, sizes, requirements etc
- liaise with clients to ensure ads are delivered in time to meet deadlines
- send invoices to clients (and follow up late payers if required)
- process all correspondence related to client accounts
- maintain records and keep track of existing and potential clients
This is a sub-contractor/service-provider opportunity – not an employee engagement.
CONTACT’s Advertising Sales Manager will be paid on a commission-only basis, and paid from the proceeds of advertising sold – i.e. paid after the client pays.
Commission will be paid at 40% of advertising sales revenue (minus GST calculations).
Key Performance Indicators
We will place higher value on an Advertising Sales Manager who represents our company professionally, politely and ethically, and who manages existing clients effectively – over someone who is purely sales or money driven.
That said, CONTACT needs an effective Advertising Sales Manager to help us make our business profitable and sustainable – and to help us realise at least some of its currently untapped potential.
The right Advertising Sales Manager could potentially earn a reasonable wage, or a very lucrative sideline.
Work environment and schedule
CONTACT’s Advertising Sales Manager will work from their own office or home, using their own resources (telephone, Internet, car etc).
CONTACT’s Advertising Sales Manager can work to their own schedule and hours – cognisant of the mainly office-hours schedules of our advertising clients – and CONTACT’s need for an effective Advertising Sales Manager.
How to apply
Please email CONTACT Editor Brian Hartigan via email@example.com outlining why you think you might be a suitable candidate for this position.
Priority will be given to good communicators who demonstrate a sound knowledge of CONTACT and the CONTACT audience, who understand and appreciate the advertising potential in all CONTACT’s platforms (magazine, web site, newsletter), and who can adequately explain how you think you can offer what we need.
This position is ready for immediate start.
Applications close on
26 July 2 August 2019.