Defence posted a new confirmed case of COVID-19 either today or yesterday (we weren’t paying attention) – but their latest updates page says it was updated on 5 December, so we’ll go with that.
The latest case brings Defence’s total cases to 113 – but 106 are now officially listed as ‘recovered’.
The new case was again contracted ‘overseas’, bringing that total to 59.
Meanwhile, there has been a little bit of movement in the number of ADF personnel deployed on Operation COVID-19 Assist, especially in Victoria and the ACT, where hotel quarantine has come back into focus…
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
- 30 ADF and Defence APS personnel are embedded in various Australian Government agencies, including the Department of Home Affairs and Services Australia.
Queensland – 380 personnel
- 307 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
New South Wales – 259 personnel
- 233 ADF personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
South Australia – 223 personnel
- 217 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at six Adelaide metropolitan hotels.
Western Australia – 141 personnel
- 103 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
Northern Territory – 93 personnel
- 46 ADF personnel are supporting to Northern Territory Police with biosecurity control measures.
- 20 personnel are supporting Australian Federal Police and Northern Territory Police quarantine compliance management.
Victoria – 250 personnel
- Approximately 110 ADF members will quarantine compliance management.
- 33 personnel are involved in headquarters and liaison staff roles.
Australian Capital Territory – 43 personnel
- 35 ADF personnel personnel are supporting ACT Police quarantine compliance management.