Defence added another confirmed case of COVID-19 today.
They also updated their tally of ‘recovered’ by two to 57.
However, Defence’s little black map of case locations is AWOL today, so we have no idea where the latest case was contracted or detected.
Defence’s latest case brings their total to 67.
Despite several official announcements that 1000 personnel were poised and ready to assist Victoria, the numbers deployed to that state have only increased by 70ish…
Victoria – 494 personnel
- 199 ADF personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints and other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
- 188 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 10 personnel are involved in planning and logistics support.
In the mean time, numbers assisting in New South Wales have jumped significantly, putting that state in first place in terms of numbers, ahead of Queensland, with hardest-hit Victoria in third [noting that it is political resistance rather than ADF willingness holding back the offered support].
New South Wales – 658 personnel
- 492 ADF personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- 96 ADF personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts.
Defence clarification of figures: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.