One of the main philosophies in my workshop is “Make-n-Do” – just making and doing stuff for the fun of it – and making do with found, recycled and cheap materials and tools, which sometimes yields real treasure.
This video is a classic example – sort of.
I bought new blades for my $200 Aldi thicknesser off Ebay for $78 including postage from England, fitted them myself and then used the machine to turn wood trash into absolute treasure.
Old ‘rotten’ wood that usually ends up in landfill or a fireplace sometimes has a heart of gold.
Make-n-Do is the CONTACT Editor’s personal ‘playlist’ on the CONTACT YouTube Channel, where the philosophy is making do with the tools and materiel I have and making and doing as an escape from the computer (though, ironically, the video editing then ties me to the computer for almost as many hours as I spent Make-n-Do in the shed in the first place )
Also on the CONTACT YouTube Channel…
- Military News – hundreds of military-news videos
- The Making of CONTACT – an editor’s-eye-view of story selection, page layouts and more
- Shots from the Editor’s Desk – infotainment loosely relevant to CONTACT publishing
- Mavic Pro – non-military missions with the CONTACT drone
- Make-n-Do – shots from the editor’s shed
- Personal vlogs – grandkids, holidays, personal time – like a real YouTube vlogger