Two more ADF COVID-19 cases ‘overseas’
The Australian Defence Force added two new confirmed cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the total of cases to 147.
Today’s reported cases were added to the line item ‘overseas’ – with no other details offered, as usual.
The number of Defence cases listed as ‘recovered’ remained unchanged, at 134.
In terms of ADF members deployed on Operation COVID-19 Assist…
Approximately 1549 personnel are deployed as part of Operation COVID-19 Assist
- 22 ADF and Defence APS personnel are embedded in various Australian Government agencies, including the Department of Home Affairs and Services Australia.
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
Queensland – 367 personnel
- 290 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
New South Wales – 255 personnel
- 232 ADF personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Victoria – 268 personnel
- 208 ADF members will support quarantine compliance management in Melbourne.
- 58 personnel are involved in headquarters and liaison staff roles.
Northern Territory – 177 personnel
- 151 personnel are supporting Australian Federal Police and Northern Territory Police quarantine compliance management.
Western Australia – 134 personnel
- 94 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
South Australia – 132 personnel
- 112 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at six Adelaide metropolitan hotels.
Tasmania – 98 personnel
- 80 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance in Hobart.
Australian Capital Territory – 5 personnel