Mitsubishi announces fleet-discounts for ADF and veterans

Mitsubishi Motors Australia has announced an Armed Forces Discount program that offers current-serving and retired ADF members national fleet pricing on any Mitsubishi vehicle make or model.

A Mitsubishi Motors Australia spokesperson told CONTACT that this pricing was ordinarily reserved for businesses with 40+ vehicles, and so was a considerable discount for the retail purchaser.

“Our range extends from passenger vehicles such as the Outlander and Eclipse Cross to light commercial vehicles such as the Triton and Express van,” she said.

“All of these are eligible for the program, and vehicles bought under the program will also receive our warranty and capped-price service programs.

“Savings will vary depending on the national fleet pricing at the time, but can be up to approximately 17% off recommended retail prices.

“At the moment, for example, this would mean around $5500 off a Triton double cab currently priced at $36,990.”

The Mitsubishi Motors Australia spokesperson confirmed that, because DVA Gold Card TPI veterans are exempt from GST for car purchases, they can claim the fleet discount and then factor a further 10% off that?

“We do not have a current web page offering information on these kinds of discounts – we consider this to be “doing what’s right” and brief our dealers on the availability and to spread the word.

“Therefore, it may be worth telling your readers to visit their local Mitsubishi dealer, because there may also be additional discounts or incentives available that can actually increase their opportunities.

“For example a Triton GLX 2.4 priced at $40,000 could come down to around $30,000 with various discounts and incentives.”

“We think this is an important step forward in our commitment to supporting those who support our communities in times of need.”

If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, check prices and options with your local Mitsubishi dealer – and tell them CONTACT sent you 🙂

Also, please check and consider the (mostly negative) feedbacks below.
CONTACT is awaiting responses from Mitsubishi HQ, who are on holidays currently.

CONTACT was not paid for this story placement.
We just thought it was a good-news story worth passing on (though currently having second thoughts).

...
...
. .
8623 Total Views 5 Views Today

Brian Hartigan

Managing Editor Contact Publishing Pty Ltd PO Box 3091 Minnamurra NSW 2533 AUSTRALIA

10 thoughts on “Mitsubishi announces fleet-discounts for ADF and veterans

• 05/01/2021 at 1:05 pm

Hi there,
    This is Catherine from Mitsubishi Motors Australia. The discount is a national discount for armed forces and retired armed forces members. The discount is available at all authorised Mitsubishi Australia dealerships. It offers the same National Fleet Pricing that we give to our major fleets across Australia. These discounts vary based on model and year of manufacture, but the top discount is on a Triton and is 17% off our RRP price. It would be lower than this for SUV models since they cost less. We offer significant discounts on our advertised Drive Away prices, which can come close to these but will not be as low as these prices. The Dealerships may be advising you on a discount amount on our national Drive Away pricing, rather than RRP, and therefore this would seem to be significantly less.

We want to make this a positive experience and we are sorry to hear that there have been difficulties with this offer as we had introduced it based on both staff and stakeholder relationships with ADF members and retired members. It had been suggested by a family member of an ADF member as a way to give back. If you would like to email me with the details of the dealerships you approached, I would be happy to reach out to them and provide them with your feedback and ensure they have clarification of the offer. My email is media.relations@mmal.com.au.

• 21/12/2020 at 3:02 pm

100% this is correct, I work for a dealer that has Mitsubishi and in the fleet department,

Please bare in mind the RRP is not the Drive away promotion for that particular month, don’t get them twisted! the price on the computer on the Mitsubishi website is the drive away not the RRP

it is still a couple of thousand better then a retail drive away price and if you have a gold card even better due to stamp/gst savings

you defiantly all deserve that and more!

thank you for your service!

• 20/12/2020 at 1:30 pm

Hi, popped into the Mitsubishi Dealer in Townsville (one of the biggest Garrison Towns) mentioned I was interested in buying a new car and said I was in Defence(still serving), I asked if there was any incentives going and was told NO just what was currently on the website. Where did you get the info about Defence special pricing, as I am still interested in buying a car with good buying incentives (discounts). Regards, Paul.

• 20/12/2020 at 3:11 pm

Hi Paul. I got this info from Mitsubishi HQ – double checked it – then triple checked after another serving member in Perth was told no.
      It’s DEFINITELY a thing – so tell the dealer to contact Mitsubishi HQ – and don’t take no for an answer 😉
      Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited
      1 Tonsley Blvd, Tonsley, SA 5042
      It’s in the dealer’s best interest to look after you and Mitsubishi’s best interest to make sure you’re happy.
      I will also pass on your experience to Mitsubishi HQ as well. They obviously need to educate their dealer network better.
      Cheers
      Brian Hartigan
      CONTACT Editor

• 23/12/2020 at 1:53 pm

Hi Brian, I contacted the dealership today and spoke with the fleet sales manager and he confirmed that we are eligible for the Defence Force Discount (Fleet Discount). Great I thought I was on to a winner. He then said looking at it, there would be a great discount of $500, I queried this and he then said it could be possibly $1000. He then put me in touch with the salesperson who I dealt with on the weekend and said he would get him to do up some quotes. I then received a phone call from said salesperson who wanted me to narrow down my specific model and colour so that he did not have to make up too many quotes. Because the car I looked was POA, he said it would be roughly $2500 more than the 2WD which they had on at $35990, I then asked him what discount I would get and he said there are no discounts. I told him that the fleet sales manager would speak to him to knock up a quote with the Defence Force Discount, to which he replied, I did not know you were in Defence. I was a little confused and disappointed at this point and said what about my Part Exchange Vehicle, what price am I getting for that? As three weeks ago I was offered $6000 for it from the same dealership chain, he replied $5000, so in less than a month it depreciated $1000. He gave the standard sales pitch of the other dealership put extra money on your PartEx but would have added this on to the new car sales price. I said no they didn’t I got the price of the new car then included my PartEx. He said he may be able to get an extra $500 but couldn’t promise anything, I said I really would like $6000 for it as I had just paid an extra years Rego on it. At this stage I said, look probably just forget it as I don’t think any of this sounds right. He said he would go and speak to the manager and get back to me with quotes. He called me back and said he had emailed two quotes, one with fleet discount and one without and no extra money for my PartEx, I told him I would have a look at them and get back to him. I was shocked to find that with their current Drive away price should have been $2500 more for the model I wanted, but it worked out at $5000 more. The Fleet Discount Quote still only worked out $500 cheaper. I am no mathematician or car salesman, and I am not stupid, to me this does not seem right. I replied to the email from the car salesman and said I would not go ahead with the sale, and maybe I would wait until their next container ship arrived in March, but if I did that then my PartEx may only be worth $2000 if it depreciates $1000 each month. To sum the whole experience up, I would say that being open and honest from the outset would cause less misunderstanding and probably help you sell more cars. Sorry for the rant, but I am disappointed. Regards, Paul.

• 23/12/2020 at 2:57 pm

Hi Paul. I am disappointed and dismayed about this for you.
          I am also disappointed and dismayed for me – because, when you say “being open and honest from the outset would cause less misunderstanding and probably help you sell more cars”. This would seem to indicate that you think I am trying to sell cars? Surely you should have said “…help them sell more cars”.
          I and CONTACT have absolutely nothing to do with this deal – it wasn’t even a paid advertisement. I simply passed on what I thought sounded like a good-news story.
          More than that, though, I have communicated with Mitsubishi HQ three times on this matter, for you and others, in an effort to ensure the facts portrayed in the story are straight.
          If this comes back to haunt CONTACT because of negative experiences, then I will be as unhappy as you are – and I will communicate same to Mitsubishi HQ – for both our sakes.
          I will also leave this story and these comments on line so that others may judge for themselves. I would also be very keen to hear from others who have shopped or browsed at Mitsubishi because of this story. Did you get a good discount or discount offer – or a disappointing one?

• 24/12/2020 at 1:08 pm

Hi Brian, I am sorry, but this was aimed at the dealership being open and honest from the start, and not yourself. Sorry for any misunderstanding, you do an awesome job. Regards, Paul.

• 24/12/2020 at 5:10 pm

All good mate.
              Thank you for your support.
              And I sincerely wish you and yours a very merry, safe and above all healthy Christmas and New Year.

• 04/01/2021 at 11:16 am

Hi Brian,
          I shopped around two dealerships in Brisbane after Xmas and all I was told was $500-700 discounts on a new Triton 42-43k, roughly 1-2%. Kind’ve got laughed at when I mentioned the fleet discount of up to 17% as mentioned in the article. They are selling heaps of cars so didn’t seem very interested. Thanks for the article though any discount is better than none.

• 04/01/2021 at 2:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback David. I will make sure Mitsubishi HQ sees this.