Defence added another confirmed case of COVID-19 to its total today – listed simply as occurring ‘overseas’.
The grand total now sits at 112 – with 58 of those ‘overseas’.
Four former cases have also been added to the ‘recovered’ tally, bringing that number to 102.
Meanwhile, the number of ADF members assigned to Operation COVID-19 Assist in the ACT is on the rise as the territory begins to accept returning Aussies from overseas into hotel quarantine – with ACT Policing and ADF tasked with security.
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
Queensland – 509 personnel
- 421 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
New South Wales – 287 personnel
- 258 ADF personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Victoria – 51 personnel
- 48 ADF personnel are involved in headquarters and liaison staff roles.
Western Australia – 204 personnel
- 160 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
Northern Territory – 140 personnel
- 76 ADF personnel are supporting to Northern Territory Police with biosecurity control measures.
- 20 personnel are supporting Australian Federal Police and Northern Territory Police quarantine compliance management.
South Australia – 283 personnel
- 228 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at six Adelaide metropolitan hotels and a regional hotel.
- 34 ADF personnel are supporting SA Health COVID-19 testing sites with administrative support.
- 12 ADF personnel are assisting SA Health with COVID-19 testing at sites in Adelaide.
Australian Capital Territory – 42 personnel
- 35 ADF personnel personnel are supporting ACT Police quarantine compliance management.