Defence added yet another confirmed case of COVID-19 to its tally yesterday.
The total of confirmed Defence cases now stands at 98 cases.
The latest case was again ‘overseas’, where 44 of the total 98 cases were contracted.
On the plus side, another two were added to the list of ‘recovered’ bringing that total to 95.
Meanwhile, relatively minor tweaks were made to the numbers deployed on Operation COVID-19 Assist…
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
Queensland – 516 personnel
- 343 ADF personnel (down 84) are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
Victoria – 316 personnel
- 171 ADF personnel (up 1) are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints
- 12 personnel (up 6) are assisting in other logistics roles
- Total = 183 (up 7)
New South Wales – 369 personnel
- 324 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Western Australia – 204 personnel
- 160 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
South Australia – 104 personnel
- 80 personnel are providing support to South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at six Adelaide metropolitan hotels and a regional hotel.
Northern Territory – 140 personnel
- 76 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police at vehicle checkpoints
- 20 ADF personnel are supporting Australian Federal Police and Northern Territory Police quarantine compliance management.
- Total = 96
Australian Capital Territory – 8 personnel