Defence has added one new case of COVID-19 – it first fresh case since 7 October – bringing the total of confirmed ADF coronavirus cases to 93.
Defence’s little black map of case locations is AWOL again, so we have no way of knowing where this fresh case was contracted.
The number of Defence cases now listed as ‘recovered’ has risen to 92.
Meanwhile, the total number of ADF personnel listed as being deployed on Operation COVID-19 Assist stands at *2220, with….
*Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks (though the inflated state-based totals still only add up to 2012 – 208 shy of the official total above).
Queensland – *571 personnel
- *451 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
Victoria – *497 personnel
- 170 ADF personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 52 personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 26 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat
- 6 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre
- 4 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- *actual total = 258
New South Wales – *464 personnel
- 238 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
- 183 ADF personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- *actual total = 421
Western Australia – *195 personnel
- 151 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
- 6 personnel are providing planning and logistics support.
- *actual total = 157
South Australia – *154 personnel
- 82 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police border control checkpoints.
- 42 personnel are providing support to South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at a regional hotel.
- 7 personnel are providing planning and operations support to SA Health.
- *actual total = 131
Northern Territory – *123 personnel
- *79 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police at vehicle checkpoints
Australian Capital Territory – 8 personnel