Defence has picked up one new confirmed case of COVID-19, indicated on their little black locations map as occurring ‘overseas’.
As usual, there is no further details about the case, exactly where it occurred, how the individual is faring or what steps are being taken to ensure their safety or treatment.
This is the first new case in Defence since they ‘declared’ themselves COVID free on 30 September.
Meanwhile, Defence’s commitment to Operation COVID-19 Assist officially stands at 2554 personnel.
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
20 ADF and Defence APS personnel are embedded in various Australian government agencies, including the Department of Home Affairs and Services Australia.
Victoria – 694 personnel
- 105 ADF personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 65 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 46 personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 30 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat
- 18 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.
New South Wales – 670 personnel
- 365 ADF personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- 258 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Queensland – 506 personnel
- 413 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
Western Australia – 188 personnel
- 137 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
- 8 personnel are providing planning and logistics support.
South Australia – 182 personnel
- 110 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police border control checkpoints.
- 42 personnel are providing support to South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at a regional hotel.
- 7 personnel are providing planning and operations support to SA Health.
Northern Territory – 128 personnel
- 84 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police at vehicle checkpoints.
Australian Capital Territory – 8 personnel
. . .