Defence added another confirmed case of COVID-19 either today or yesterday [CONTACT was distracted], bringing their total to 89.
One new case number has been added to the Brisbane dot on the Defence map, but we’re not sure if that’s today’s case or the last most recent one (the Defence map number ad up to just 87, while ours totals 88 until we figure out where to add the missing one.
The total number of Defence members listed as ‘recovered has also increased by two, to 85.
Defence number actively assisting authorities in Victoria stands at 781, with a further 560 either in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles or on standby to assist.
Here are the full numbers for the whole country…
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
Victoria – 1341 personnel
- 185 ADF personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 196 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 133 personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 105 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
- 162 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.
New South Wales – 621 personnel
- 367 personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- 205 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Queensland – 581 personnel
- 351 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
- 147 personnel are supporting state police with Queensland border controls.
South Australia – 175 personnel
- 133 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police border control checkpoints.
- 7 personnel are providing planning and operations support to SA Health.
- 12 personnel are providing support to South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at a regional hotel
Northern Territory – 128 personnel
- 84 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police at vehicle checkpoints.
Western Australia – 130 personnel
- 79 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
- 8 personnel are providing planning and logistics support.
Australian Capital Territory – 8 personnel.