Defence has added a new case of COVID-19 to it’s tally in Melbourne, bringing the total to 16 for that city and 81 overall.
I’m not sure when exactly this case was added, because I’ve been distracted over the past few days, getting my own mug in the paper.
Defence also added three more to its ‘recovered’ list, bringing that total to 75.
The number of ADF currently on task in Victoria is now 1227, with almost 500 others still on standby.
Victoria – 1719 total personnel*
- 615 ADF personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 292 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 140 personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 83 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
- 97 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.
*Note: The dot points add up to 1227 actually on task. Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.