Defence added a new confirmed case of COVID-19 this afternoon, but didn’t indicate where the case occurred.
Defence has now notched up 79 total cases, with 70 listed as recovered.
Meanwhile, ADF figure assisting in Victoria are still below 1000, with a total of 953 allocated to tasks – but with a further 478 either in HQ or on standby.
Victoria – 1431* personnel
- 443 ADF personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 225 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 93 personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 140 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
- 52 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
. . .