Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) has responded to COVID-19 social-distancing restrictions by shifting all its face-to-face education and information sessions online.
Online sessions will ensure that the Defence and veteran communities can continue to receive free educational support on select topics related to superannuation and retirement.
Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation is the superannuation provider for the Australia Defence Force and veteran community.
While typically offered as in-house seminars and one-on-one consultations, CSC has now moved all its face-to-face customer education and information sessions online.
The online sessions are designed to provide members with the information and support they need to better understand their super and retirement.
Beyond general information about members’ super products, the sessions cover a range of topics, from rules and investment options, to strategies for growing your super, and how to plan for retirement.
The webinars will take the form of live forums where CSC representatives will guide members through select topics and address their questions.
CSC Chief Customer Officer, Peter Jamieson said these were challenging times and people were naturally concerned about their financial security and superannuation.
“We know that recent events are having a significant impact on the daily lives on our members, so we’re doing all we can to ensure they continue to feel supported,” Mr Jamieson said.
“We also recognise that superannuation and retirement are complex topics.
“In the midst of social-distancing restrictions, these live forums will provide a safe, supportive and collaborative space for our members to learn and have their questions and concerns addressed.”
- DFRDB Overview (16 June): Learn about the DFRDB pension and commutation options and how they are calculated;
- MilitarySuper Overview (18 June): Learn the basics of MilitarySuper including contribution and retirement options;
- ADF Medical Transition and your super (19 June): Understanding how super works when members are transitioning medically from the ADF;
- ‘How much is enough’ (22 June): A discussion on achieving a comfortable retirement; and,
- Women and Super (22 June): How to overcome some of the unique challenges women face with their super.
These forums are free, but you should register your interest to attend by emailing superannuationADFconsultations@csc.gov.au
. . .