More than 14 years ago, CONTACT Air Land & Sea magazine was born.
About five years ago, I decided to make a wall display to show off all the magazines I had published.
But I soon ran out of space and decided I needed to expand the display to accomodate all the magazines I published after it filled up.
It only took me four years to get around to it!
But – in the fours years I’ve been procrastinating about the display expansion, I’ve already published enough magazines to fill all the space I gained in the additions.
Between CONTACT Air Land & Sea magazine and its kid brother, COMBAT Camera magazine, plus an Infantry Special Issue, plus three CONTACT Yearbooks, CONTACT Publishing has already published 77 magazines.
And here’s a little secret for you – when I set out on this publishing journey, 55 magazines was my personal target – to beat the number of ARMY Magazines that Army Newspaper Unit published before they shut it down [see here why they shut ARMY Mag down – and why I started CONTACT].
BTW – you can still buy copies of all our printed magazines here.
Make-n-Do is the CONTACT Editor’s personal ‘playlist’ on the CONTACT YouTube Channel, where the philosophy is making do with the tools and materiel I have and making and doing as an escape from the computer (though, ironically, the video making then ties me to the computer for almost as many hours as I spent Make-n-Do in the shed 😉 )
Also on the CONTACT YouTube Channel…
- Military News – hundreds of military-news videos
- The Making of CONTACT – an editor’s-eye-view of story selection, page layouts and more
- Shots from the Editor’s Desk – infotainment loosely relevant to CONTACT publishing
- Mavic Pro – non-military missions with the CONTACT drone
- Make-n-Do – shots from the editor’s shed
- Personal vlogs – grandkids, holidays, personal time – like a YouTube vlogger