Following the Christmas spike of seven, plus one more since, Defence added another two confirmed cases of COVID-19 this afternoon, bringing the total to 137.
Both new cases are indicated as being diagnosed ‘overseas’.
The number of ‘recovered’ is unchanged at 122.
We haven’t looked at the number of ADF people deployed on operation COVID-19 Assist for a while, so here goes…
Approximately 1630 personnel are deployed as part of Operation COVID-19 Assist
*Defence says: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
- 32 ADF and Defence APS personnel are embedded in various Australian-government agencies, including the Department of Home Affairs and Services Australia.
Queensland – 316 personnel
- 262 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
New South Wales – 344 personnel
- 320 ADF personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Victoria – 278 personnel
- 216 ADF members will support quarantine compliance management in Melbourne.
- 60 personnel are involved in headquarters and liaison staff roles.
South Australia – 125 personnel
- 104 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at six Adelaide metropolitan hotels.
Western Australia – 131 personnel
- 96 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
Tasmania – 116 personnel
- 98 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance in Hobart.
Northern Territory – 160 personnel
- 121 personnel are supporting Australian Federal Police and Northern Territory Police quarantine compliance management.
- 13 ADF personnel are supporting to Northern Territory Police with biosecurity control measures.
Australian Capital Territory – 4 personnel