Defence declared itself free of COVID-19 today without actually making an official announcement – except for its latest updates page that simply says “Confirmed Defence cases to date: 91, of which 91 have recovered”.
The 90th case of COVID-19 in Defence was declared on 14 September, with the 91st and hopefully last case announced 18 September.
The official list of ‘recovered’ went from 88 to 89 on 23 and 28 September respectively, before jumping all the way to 91 this afternoon.
Meanwhile, around 2670 ADF personnel are still deployed on Operation COVID-19 Assist…
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
Victoria – 752 personnel
- 105 ADF personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 70 personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 60 personnel are assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
- 44 personnel are providing support to the Department of Health and Human Services contact tracing and community engagement efforts.
- 37 personnel are providing support to the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.
New South Wales – 673 personnel
- 368 ADF personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- 255 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Queensland – 567 personnel
- 339 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management efforts, including at airports and hotels.
- 139 personnel are supporting state police with Queensland border controls.
Western Australia – 185 personnel
- 112 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at hotels and at the Perth Airport.
- 20 personnel are providing support to West Australia Police border control measures
- 8 personnel are providing planning and logistics support.
South Australia – 182 personnel
- 110 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police border control checkpoints.
- 42 personnel are providing support to South Australia Police quarantine compliance management at a regional hotel.
- 7 personnel are providing planning and operations support to SA Health.
Northern Territory – 128 personnel
- 84 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police at vehicle checkpoints.
Australian Capital Territory – 8 personnel
. . .