“Defence is currently managing 21 confirmed cases in the locations illustrated above,” Defence said at noon today.
Defence Support to the Civil Authority:
- Beginning no later than midnight tonight, the Australian Defence Force will assist the states and territories by supporting mandatory quarantine arrangements for air arrivals into Australia and by checking that self-isolation orders are being followed in homes and residences.
- The ADF will not be authorised as law enforcement officers as this remains the responsibility of the states and territories.
- The ADF:
- Has established Contact Tracing Teams to work with the authorities in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Western Australia, and the Northern Territory, with teams ready to support South Australia and the ACT.
- Is providing reconnaissance and planning support teams to all state and territory governments.
- Has established the three-star-led COVID-19 taskforce to coordinate Defence’s contribution to whole-of-government efforts and manage its people.
- Has established support to Emergency Management Australia-led (EMA) planning for the National Communicable Disease Incidence of National Significance Plan in response to COVID-19.
- Has established support to the Department of Health with logistics and specialist staff.
- Has provided health, logistics and movements support to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Australian Border Force repatriation and care of Australian Nationals on Christmas Island and Howard Springs via RAAF bases Learmonth and Darwin.
- Has been supplying clinical and epidemiological support to the Department of Health National Incident Room since early February 2020.
New South Wales
- 15 Defence personnel are providing support to the charity Foodbank to pack hampers for New South Wales welfare services.
- Defence provided a small team of highly qualified engineering maintenance specialists to a surgical face mask factory in Lemnos, Victoria until supplementary civilian workers can be recruited.
- The ADF is providing logistics, communications and medic support to the NT Police at three Northern Territory border control locations on the Stuart, the Barkly and Victoria Highways. Here, they are also assisting NT Police with health screening.
- Defence personnel are not involved in the enforcement of border controls.
2269 Total Views 1 Views Today