Defence’s confirmed cases of COVID-19 has risen by one to 69, its ‘recovered’ numbers by one to 58 and its deployed Operation COVID-19 Assist number by hundreds to 2633.
Victoria may finally be accepting the serious ADF help it would seem to need, with 1162 ADF personnel officially allocated to that state – although, as of yesterday’s update, only 446 are actually listed by Defence as engaged…
Victoria – 1162 personnel
- 184 ADF personnel are involved in medical testing initiatives.
- 159 ADF personnel are supporting Victoria Police checkpoints.
- 103 assisting in other logistics roles, including the Police Assistance Line call centre in Ballarat.
*Note: Personnel in Joint Task Group headquarters, supporting roles, and those preparing for tasks are included in overall state-based figures but are not captured in the list of tasks.
The other states and territories are employing…
New South Wales – 726 personnel
- 495 ADF personnel are supporting New South Wales police with border control checkpoints on the New South Wales-Victoria border.
- 173 personnel are supporting state police quarantine, reception and repatriation efforts at Sydney airport and hotels.
Queensland – 545 personnel
- 175 ADF personnel are supporting quarantine compliance management at airports and hotels.
- 137 personnel are supporting state police with Queensland border controls.
- 88 personnel are providing logistics support.
- 73 personnel are providing support to Queensland Police to protect Indigenous communities.
Northern Territory – 84 personnel
- 52 ADF personnel are providing support to Northern Territory Police to protect Indigenous communities.
South Australia – 108 personnel
- 85 ADF personnel are supporting South Australia Police border control checkpoints.
Western Australia – 28 personnel
- 16 ADF personnel are involved in quarantine assistance at Perth Airport.
- 6 personnel are providing logistics support.
Australian Capital Territory – 5 personnel
Unfortunately and worryingly, the latest Defence COVID-19 case is listed as occurring in Melbourne.