With the recent release of Beyond Blue’s world-first research and a Senate Inquiry underway, it’s clear that the mental wellbeing of first responders is a vital priority for first-responder organisations across Australia.
File image by Brian Hartigan
The mental health and wellbeing of first responders has been in the spotlight since 2016, with the release of the Beyond Blue Good Practice Framework for Mental Health and Wellbeing for First Responder Organisations.
In the three years following, first-responder agencies have begun to develop robust mental-health strategies and have started to tackle the stigma against mental health.
However, the number of first responders experiencing mental illness remains alarmingly high.
Agencies are still struggling to sustain cultural change and accurately evaluate the impact of their wellbeing initiatives.
The 3rd Annual Mental Health Strategies for First Responders conference, on 6 and 7 March 2019 in Melbourne, invites you to join leaders from across Australia and around the world to discuss best-practice tools and ideas to improve the mental health of first responders.
Hear 15 perspectives and case studies from expert researchers, senior leaders & experienced on-the-ground personnel from emergency services, not-for-profits and leading psychologists.
What’s new this year?
- Insights from Senator Anne Urquart who commissioned the Senate Inquiry into the mental health of first responders
- Updates from Beyond Blue’s National Study of the Health and Wellbeing of Police and Emergency Services
- Fresh, international perspectives from New Zealand and Canada
- Practical leadership and engagement strategies from operational personnel as well as senior executives
- Best-practice recommendations from new research
- Andrew Crisp, Commissioner, Emergency Management Victoria
- Alison Barnes, Safety, Health & Wellbeing Lead, Fire & Emergency New Zealand
- Tony Walker, Chief Executive, Ambulance Victoria
- James Maskey, National Engagement Manager, Beyond Blue
- + many more
Criterion Conferences has successfully run this event for the past two years, working closely with the industry.
This event has sold out two years running – don’t miss out.
For more information download the full program
Save an additional $200 off the current price when you use the code CC*CONTACT
1300 918 334
. . .